Water tests are free. Bring a sample (approx. 250 ml or 1 cup) of your water to one of our stores and we will provide you with a detailed report of what needs to be done.
- Make sure you change the bottles of OTO and Phenol Red every year.
- Check the expiration date on the bottle containing the Club Piscine Super Fitness test strips.
- Check if the sand is dirty, worn or contaminated (algae present). If so, change the sand.
- Make sure to apply the recommended quantity and concentration of algicide regularly (once a week).
- Make sure the filtration system runs at least 12 out of 24 hours. (See the timers)
- Make sure the solar blanket does not remain on the pool for more than 48 hours; this prevents oxygen from entering the water.
- Dip a strip into the water horizontally for one second.
- Take the strip out and wait 15 seconds. Compare the colours obtained with those shown on the bottle. You will be able to tell if the chemicals are balanced or need adjusting.
- Fill the two test tubes with water and pour off the excess.
- Add the required number of drops to each test tube. Put five drops of OTO in the test tube for chlorine and five drops of Phenol in the test tube for the pH test.
- Put in the stopper and shake the whole device.
- Compare the colors obtained with those shown on each side of the kit.