With a project of this size, there are several steps that must be completed before the delivery and installation of your pool. Club Piscine Super Fitness offers some tips and advice to successfully complete your dream.
It is your responsibility to check with your municipality to determine the rules that apply to your property. For example:
- Mandatory distances from property lines
- Municipal power standards
- Required permits
- Required fencing
- Required distance (if any) between heat pump and property lines as well as acceptable decibel levels of unit.
Choosing pool location
You must also plan where your pool will be located, taking into account the following factors:
- Exposure to sun
- Location of patio and pool house
- Children’s play area
- Overhead wires (See attached Hydro-Québec requirements, to be used as a guide only.) Consult Hydro-Québec website for additional details.
Your dream has come true… the pool is yours! Here is what you must do once you have purchased a swimming pool.
- Visit your municipal planning department to :
- Apply for required permits
- Obtain a certificate of location and a copy of your local regulations
- Call Info-Excavation at 1 800 ON-EXCAV (663-9228) to determine the location of any underground lines belonging to Bell, Hydro-Québec, Gaz Métropolitain, Vidéotron or others.
- Plan to have all materials delivered a few days before your installation date.
- Remove all trees, bushes or fencing that could impede work.
- Make provisions for a water supply source (at your expense).
- If your yard shows evidence of ants or other insects, we recommend that you resolve the problem prior to installation in order to avoid future problems.
- Make sure you have a licensed electrician to coordinate hook up for filtration, heat pump and/or lighting systems.
- Plan to have waste materials removed from your land following installation: grass, dirt and empty boxes.
- As soon as your pool is ready, take advantage of our FREE water analysis service. Bring a sample of your pool water to your nearest store and have them test the quality of the water.